The purpose of this site is to shed some light on an often misunderstood topic which continues to draw heated debate among Weimaraner enthusiasts. As with many controversial topics, rumor, speculation and emotional “reasoning” often prevail. This site documents accurate information about the history and controversy regarding the Blue Weimaraner.
All articles are copyrighted to Anne Taguchi, and the photos are copyrighted to their respective photographers. Original material referenced is listed on the References page.
All of the information here represents a considerable amount of research on the Blue Weimaraner. Feel free to link to this site, but please do not copy the material outright.
This site would not have been possible without the help of the following people:
- Karen Sandvold, Kasamar Weimaraners, for her mentorship and friendship, and for her many years of Weimaraner knowledge always shared openly and honestly. Also for providing me with priceless historical documentation.
- Lee Meadows who generously loaned me his entire The Weimaraner Magazine library from 1968 to present.
- Leslie Olsen, Weiknot Weimaraners, for copying and mailing me the hefty “Minutes of Meeting of Board of Governors of the WCA from 1950, a document I feared I’d never get my hands on.
- Mike Reilly, former Graymatter Editor, for going well out of his way to dig up old issues, copying and mailing to me.
- Arlene Marshrey, Windwalker Weimaraners, for her support and for sending me extensive research documents.
- Sylvia Voorn of weimaranerpedigrees.com for her research help.
- Gorden & Shirley Hansen, Christine Conklin, Judy Mitchell, Tina Dunn and Joan Valdez for their research help.
- Leslie Nicole, Thomas Merkle, Renee Viehmann, Elizabeth Fairlee and Steve Graham for their support.
- …… and the others who wish to be anonymous.
I hope that you find this site informative!